Environmental Resources Managers Limited (ERML) is a 100% Nigerian –owned company. We are one of the foremost Sustainable Development Consultancy companies in Nigeria. Our expertise covers a broad range of services including:
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Environmental Audits
- Social and Health Impact Assessments
- Social Action Plans
- Environmental Due Diligence
- Environmental Risk Management
- Digital Cartography
- Laboratory Services
- Regulatory Affairs.
Since inception in 1994, ERML has sought to provide services that meet international standards albeit with due consideration for the local context. Our work experience covers Nigeria and other West African countries while our list of clients cut across various sectors of the economy including:
- Oil and Gas (upstream and downstream)
- Financial Institutions
- Government and International Institutions.
Our ESRM Experience
Over the past 4 years, we have worked with Financial Institutions such as banks and private equity firms to mainstream sustainability in their day to day operations. Services offered in this regard include:
- Development of Environmental and Social Safe Guard Policies
- Establishment of ESRM systems
- Environmental Due Diligence on Transactions and Potential Investee Companies
- Monitoring of Investee Companies.
ERML has also worked with a number of private companies to comply with sustainability and safeguard requirements of DFIs and other lending institutions. Our understanding of environmental and social interactions of various business sectors and, applicable local and international regulatory or safeguard requirements uniquely equips us to support Environmental and Social risk management in financial institutions.
Moreover, at ERML we recognize that although ESRM is indeed critical to overall risk management in a Financial Institution, we also know that if not properly appreciated and integrated, it can be viewed as an obstacle to the firm’s economic objectives. Our approach to ESRM therefore has four key pillars:
- Understanding of the Company, its economic objectives and the operating environment;
- Securing the key commitments from company top management;
- Capacity Building; and
- Structure and Adaptive Management in implementing ESRM