The fact that information technology systems are an integral part of life worldwide is well known. At ERML, we recognize that environmental information systems provide measurable added value to environmental management and sustainable development initiatives. An EIS Department is therefore essential to the company’s vision and mission.
Upgraded from the previous GIS Unit, the EIS Department functions now include the following:
- GIS Applications and Training
- GPS Applications
- Data base Development
- Digital Cartography and Mapping
- Remote Sensing Interpretation and Applications
- Reprographic Services
- Environmental Modeling
A few specific areas of expertise are the following:
- Environmental Sensitivity Index Mapping (ESI)
- Facility Management
- Land use mapping
- Habitat change detection
- Base maps for vehicular tracking
The department is continually equipped and staffed to utilize the ever-evolving information technology tools.